Translate

Tuesday 21 May 2013

Reasonably Reasonable Self!

Good to see you here if this is your first time or whether this is you returning for another installment at the BLOG.  This post has been another that has been needing to brew for a big while to allow me the understanding of what I actually want to say as well as having a vague funny idea but lack the capacity to fully articulate it to people.

In Essence and cut to the chase I want in this post to suggest that I am a person who questions the self in many aspects of daily life!  I experience this as double edged sword at times at bringing about a sense of peace and calm as well as anxiety and fear. As I go on I have to say that I have a pertinacity add every more complex of layers upon the top of my questioning.


I am sure you are all aware of my writings on Jon Kabat Zinn and mindfulness but my recent undertakings have included activities within a fantastic learning environment that was facilitated by a Website  called Coursera...  This is a Learning Platform where you can undertake Learning of a University Standard free Online.  This allows you also to gain a Statement of Accomplishment.  ALL of this FREE!!

I am undertaking 

Inspiring Leadership through Emotional Intelligence

  https://www.coursera.org/course/lead-ei
But a large chunk of the information I am learning about at the moment is related to Effective Resonant Leaders at the moment is that they are Mindful, Inspire and bring about HOPE, are genuine, have greater levels of "Emotional Intelligence" and "Social Intelligence" and LOOK AFTER THEMSELVES.

These articles: Primal Leadership: The Hidden Driver of Great Performance and MINDFULNESS,HOPE and COMPASSION: A Leaders Roadmap to Renewal.describes in greater detail.  But a good leader actually does all of the things that I would advocate or at least I would hope my communication skills advocate for people to undertake within themselves as a general journey of inner discovery of peace seeking.


They speak of the need to gain a better balance between the Sympathetic Nervous System (SNS) the system that effectively controls our flight or flight response and our Parasympathetic Nervous system (PNS).  It is this system that slows our body and mind down.  It has also increasingly been shown to be the key driver of Neuro Regenosis or the creation of NEW Brain Cells is stimulated when we develop and work on our PNS and when we ave excessive stress we have inhibited Neurogenesis which is highly linked with Depression and Anxiety.

It appears also from an educational perspective that if Children are given training in activities that develop their Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) which is developed through ativation of our PNS that as a report put out by  CASEL.org  That demonstrates significant benefits in Prosocial behaviours as well as a 28% rise in overall academic increases in unrelated studies.
 
But more and more it appears that Science Fiction and Science fact are coming closer and closer together to suggest such things as Extra Sensensory perception having a scientific basis.  For their being a greater amount of information that occurs within the area of Thought that scientists and psychologists would consider to be PREconscious thought. Particularly related to the messaging that is being completed within the SPOOKY areas of life.  Areas such Quantum Mechanics and Entanglement theory and other such scientific studies.

Almost as if our Conscious thought does have the capacity to affect and communicate with things around us in ways that that we are just to unaware to know at this stage.

At this stage it may well be useful to state that I recently watched the video below.  And although I am unaware how true all of it is there are definitely some truth and even if there is a untruth or two surely it is better to put good positive energies into the world.


 

I ponder this information though and look upon it with a greater responcibility to be aware of the SPOOKY ENERGY" I might be putting out there.  

With this in mind I have sought advise from one of the people who have pushed modernity into some understanding of these things as well as has been proved to be incorrect in others Albert Einstein.

Where he states that:
 Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value.

I hope that my contribution to the mess of information on the everweb can be valued.  Even if it is by but a few.  And may well hope that it is only a few as I am unsure if I would know or cope with the idea of something that I had written to go Viral, just if I have any ideas that an extended mass of people would find this interesting.

But as stated at the very beginning I find myself contemplating "MYSELF".
I know that I am not alone when we look for example in the clip below.   Jon Kabat Zinn talks about Meditation, is cultivating intimacy with ourselves by being more aware of ourselves, ourselves that we are rather than what we perceive them to be.  He also eludes to our understandings are based the thousands of assumptions that are inherently hidden within the meanings and understandings that we all attribute to different language that is used in thinking about ourselves.

For I challenge you to form any understanding of yourself without using words and the many judgements and assumptions that are included in these.






I recently have moved to the blue mountains of Sydney and I am increasingly finding myself appreciate the manner in which my home space enriches my life.  It is like the house has a good energy.  Now I felt fine in my house previous to this but here it just feels different.  As if this place that I now reside has a higher level of "ENERGY" than others.

Have you ever felt that a place just feels different.  Not nesecarily good or bad but just more "in Tune" with you.

I do have to say though that it certainly feels good!

I suspect that this feeling is really about a "feeling" or perception of a greater connection to that which makes us feel whole.  Which as least for me is when I feel most connection with MYSELF.

It would really be about exploring ways for ALL of OURSELVES how can we gain a greater connection with the SELF...

I know what works for me on some level but maybe for you it is Religion, Science, or just a ACCEPTANCE that we are a finite entity that just becomes dust after we go.

But the man of Science Albert as stated above has this little word for us...

There is a quote by Albert Einstein that states:
"Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble."





No comments:

Post a Comment